Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 59

Thread: Games: !Video Game Debate Thread!

  1. #41
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Non linear plays better and feels more like role playing, but because of that, you can't really have a deep, complex, long, intense story, as you go from place to place, and if the story is A=>B, it's no sense doing B first; if you do, then the story links from A=>B are broken and the story is just A, B, if you get what I mean.

    Just taking a look at my favorite RPGs...

    1. Xenogears [linear] - because of the story
    2. Xenosaga [linear] - because of the story
    3. Grandia II [linear] - because of the story

    then it's easy to see what I like better.

    I also like non-linear RPGs, but I never enjoy them with the same intensity as linear RPGs with a deep story. Even though I can decide more and be more myself in non-linear RPGs (even though I can't date the girls I like >_&lt [img]wink.gif[/img] , it just feels like I'm fooling around; and I get much more involved in games with a strong story to follow closely.

    The "Motherfucking Lan Di, I'll kill you... Oh, Nozomi, is that a kitty?" turns me off story-wise. Even so, Shenmue 2 is my favorite non-linear game ever and it's no less than 4th in my list of favorite games ever.

  2. #42
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT N: For the Flamer to be effective at all, you need to be pretty damn close. It's damn powerful though. A few seconds of that, they die. The FRG is considered cheap by a lot of players, but they are normally hard to get. Plus you really need to practice with it's firing style to get the most out of it.

  3. #43
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT OCB: I see. I've heard a lot about the "n00b cannon," but never about the flamer.

  4. #44
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd make a 2D fighting game with:

    - 4channer
    - 5channer
    - Bub
    - Cockmongler
    - Domo-kun
    - Happy Negro
    - Mutsumi-chan
    - Pedobear
    - Sailor Bubba
    - Super Savior Jebus
    - Waha
    - Yoda

    Now THAT would be fun ^_^.

    <font color="#101010" size="1">[ August 16, 2004 09:47 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  5. #45
    Inactive Member Vegito's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    110
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You must add in Teh Great Haboob and clock spider in that 2-d fighter also.

  6. #46
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ah, Clock Spider, ok; as for the other one, never heard of him/her/it, what's it like?

    So, their mottos would be:

    - 4channer: 'Shopped!
    - 5channer: Y helo thar buttsekz? LOLOL
    - Bub: Wazzuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppp!!!!
    - Clock Spider: What time is it?
    - Cockmongler: I'll suck your cock!!
    - Domo-kun: Every time you masturbate... God kills a kitten
    - Happy Negro: Wow!
    - Mutsumi-chan: Ara ara!
    - Pedobear: Is this loli?
    - Sailor Bubba: In the name of fat, I'll punish j00!
    - Super Savior Jebus: Thanks for the info!
    - Waha: Kawaiii!
    - Yoda: Shut the fuck up, you will.

    <font color="#101010" size="1">[ August 16, 2004 09:47 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  7. #47
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL!

  8. #48
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    LMAO

  9. #49
    Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    7,236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ROFL!!

  10. #50
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually, you could do a flash version. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •